Thursday, May 16, 2013

Movie Reviews: Star Trek Into Darkness

      Today I went to the theater to see Star Trek Into Darkness. I was lucky enough to be able to watch it a day earlier than the national release in the US. I've seen most of the other movies in the Star Trek series and I think the other movies allowed me to appreciate this movie even more so if you haven't watch Star Trek The Wrath of Khan, I would advise you to do that before going to see this movie because there are many similarities and even a reference to it. I think JJ Abrams did a really good job with this movie, he took the Wrath of Khan and updated it to flow with the newest movie. All of the acting was very well done and the plot/storyline was really well written. Most of the best jokes were given to Scotty and they are mostly one-liners. I loved the switch that occurred from the Wrath of Khan to Into Darkness with respect to a Spock/Kirk scene that really shows how much changed since Nero changed history. All in all, the movie was really good, I laughed, I cried, I waited to see who would live and who would die. There were a couple parts of the movie where I had to remind myself that JJ Abrams was directing instead of Joss Whedon. Not only were some of the camera directions similar but JJ started pulling a Joss stunt where he likes to kill main characters - not to spoil anything but you will have to watch the movie to see what I mean. Overall, I highly recommend this movie for your summer entertainment (although I did prefer Iron Man 3). This movie should not disappoint the Trek fans.

Cue trailer:
 

1 comment:

  1. It's honestly one of the best Sci-Fi films I've seen in a while, ever since, well….the ’09 Star Trek. Good review.

    ReplyDelete