Monday, July 20, 2015

Raleigh, NC

      Yesterday I took a short road trip north to Raleigh, NC simply out of the boredom of Myrtle Beach. I planned the trip out late Saturday night plotting used bookstores and writing down directions. I was hoping for the weather to be a little cooler or at the very least a drop in the humidity.       The temperature didn't seem to drop very much (I think it was actually hotter inland) but the humidity was widely different than the coast. Although it was warmer, I could breathe without feeling like I was inhaling a cloud. The two bookstores I visited made the list of my all-time favorites. Reader's Corner and Nice Price Books.
      Reader's Corner was the first that I visited. I picked this first because outside along the entire front of the building, they have used books for $0.10 to $0.25 each. Let me just say I filled a box full of books and only spent $3. The best part was that all of the proceeds from the sales of the books outside goes to NPR which I loved. Inside was another monstrous selection of used books where I easily filled my arms for about $20.



      From there I drove a block and a half down the road to Nice Price Books. This store was partially falsely advertised with it's name. It is only half a bookstore; it is also a music shop. The selection of vinyl and compact discs along with DVDs and blu-ray was spectacular. I was able to acquire another book, a few $1 cds and a brand new Sylvan Esso vinyl that came with a digital download. As an added bonus, there is a free section where you can get local artists samplers that included country, rock, metal, and indie bands. There was free music posters, stickers, and even a couple concert DVDs. They even have artists come in for surprise concerts. This has become my favorite store, if only it wasn't 2.5 hours away.




      As usual, the mini-road-trip placed me in a relaxing good mood to set the week. Only time will tell if it lasts but for now I'm just going to sit back and enjoy my music and books.


Song of the Day: 
Hey Mami - Sylvan Esso



Movie of the Day:
The Spiderwick Chronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment