Friday, March 29, 2013

Movie Themed Bedroom

      There are very few good things about a housefire but the one thing I have enjoyed is decorating my new bedroom. To honor the filmmaking industry of North Carolina, I came up with the idea of doing a movie theme with the colors red and a "gunmetal" grey on the walls. I got most of my decorations from Cracker Barrel and one from Hobby Lobby. I found a Love Actually poster at a flea market and a Repo! The Genetic Opera poster at the local comic shop. The poster Done The Impossible is from Amazon because it was less than $2. I even have a pair of Harry Potter 3D glasses from the last movie and a little Joss Whedon next to my tv.
      I love movies so I thought a movie themed room would fit perfectly. I collect movies the way nerds collect comic books and jocks collect trophies. I used to have a bookshelf that I emptied off to put all my dvds on and I did have close to 300 dvds. One of the things I am most passionate about is movies because like books, they allow you to escape reality if only for an hour and a half. They have the ability to teach kids about right and wrong, good and bad, and that life can suck sometimes but you have to bounce back. I don't have a favorite genre because I love almost everything from Harry Potter and Star Wars to Taken and The A-Team to Dear John and PS I Love You to The Incredibles and Finding Nemo to It's a Wonderful Life and Singing in the Rain. I have found that the more a movie includes a good family dynamic (whether blood relatives or not) I will usually enjoy it. My most favorite movies involve a strong father daughter relationship which might say something about my own. Moving on, my movie theme - here it is:
 

Movie of the Day: This is 40



Song of the Day: The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows by Brand New


 

No comments:

Post a Comment