Monday, March 18, 2013

The Hollow Oak

      I have finally gotten settled in the new place and by that I mean I actually have furniture. I am still missing my books, movies, and cds but I can live without those for a while. This past week I got a job working as crew for an independent film called The Hollow Oak. It is a horror movie about a girl who goes to a family campground with her mother, makes a bunch of new friends, and is then terrorized by a ghost. I spent the entire week living out of a camper with the cast and crew and working 16 hour days. This was my first opportunity to work on a film set and I really enjoyed my time. I learned a lot about how a film is made and all of the jobs associated with making a movie.
      The film has taken on a curse of its own though. The main character has already been recast five times and is in the process of being recast again. Almost the entire cast and crew were replaced and everything had to be refilmed. On my last day working, the lead and her character's boyfriend both quit so now they have to be recast and everything has to be refilmed yet again. The director was in tears and the film is supposed to be finished by the end of May. Honestly, I don't see the film being finished in time. I enjoyed my time on set but I am weary of working with the people again.


      On to a happier note, my brother, his fiance, and my niece visited over St. Patrick's Day weekend. My parents and I were trying to convince my soon-to-be sister in law to move down to North Carolina. We took them to Margarittaville and Ocean Isle Beach. They found some really nice sea shells and they really enjoyed the nice weather. We took them to a fun center where we all played mini golf, pool, and arcade games. I think we finally convinced her but now we just have to wait for my brother to gain some experience in his job so that he can move without any economic problems.
      In my last post I crapped on the Canon T3i/600d because mine froze and wouldn't turn on at all. I have no idea what the problem was but after three days of sitting and doing nothing it simply turned on without a problem. I'm still cautious about using Magic Lantern on it now but it has been running fine since it's reincarnation.


Movie of the Day: Atlas Shrugged


Song of the Day: I Don't Wanna Be by Gavin DeGraw

 

No comments:

Post a Comment