Saturday, March 2, 2013

Canon T3i 600d Review

      Well my beloved T3i has 'shit the bed' so to speak. It was only two months old, I got it for Christmas and I can't believe it stopped working. So here is what happened:
      I was filming a Youtube video but I wanted more space on my memory card so I took the sd card out of the camera to put in my computer. I emptied everything off of the card and placed it back in the camera. I tried to turn the camera back on and I got nothing. Even the LED light doesn't come on even when I take the battery out. I've recharged the battery, tried another sd card, cleaned the battery connectors, removed the battery pack, downloaded Canon's origional firmware onto the sd card, downloaded a led blinking test which didn't work, I downloaded a startup logger that didn't work, and checked the card slot to make sure none of the pins were bent or broke.
      I've been checking online and the camera not turning on is a common problem. I wish now that I had done more research and went with my initial choice of a Panasonic Lumix GH2 but I chose the Canon T3i because it was cheaper and more easily accessible (even Walmart sells it) where the GH2 I would've had to buy exclusively online. I've had a Canon camcorder for almost two years and I love the little thing so I figured Canon would be a good brand to buy. I couldn't have been more wrong. Now I have a very expensive paper weight.
      My overall view: good camera if you can afford $700 every two months otherwise choose a different brand of cameras.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment