Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Three Days of Freedom

      Well I made it back to New York alright. I only spent three days in North Carolina but it was a nice breath of fresh relaxing air. I had to be back for Thanksgiving but I wasn't ready to come back. I delayed as much as possible by stopping at a Target in Virginia and doing a little shopping. Thankfully they had a pre-black-friday sale on dvds so I ended up with season  5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 of One Tree Hill for $10 each which seems like a lot when added together but it is really cheap compared to paying $20-$30 each.
      When I got back to the hotel room, no one else was there so it was nice and quiet but as soon as my parents came back, my father immediately irritated me. He kept pacing like he was anxious and then he would hover over my mom to see what she was doing. He started going through all the bags I left out and searched the fridge for food. I was glad that I had been smart enough to leave all the Christmas presents in the trunk of my car because his nosy behind would've found them and asked what they were.
      A couple of the movies I got had the ultraviolet digital copy with them so I was finally able to use my flixster account for something productive. I was surprised to figure out that you can download a copy as well as stream it from the internet. This seems like a "well duh" moment but when I first set up my flixster account, all I could do was stream. I couldn't get anything to download.

      Since Christmas is upon us (it's after Thanksgiving in case you didn't know) the movie choice for today is one that came out in 2001 on ABC Family. It is called Three Days and is amazing. A man's wife is killed three days before Christmas so an angel gives him a chance to live the last three days over with his wife but he can't change her fate. I'm pretty sure you can watch the whole thing on Youtube but if you can't, it does play once a year on ABC Family before Christmas.

Movie of the day: Three Days


Song of the day: Now Comes The Night by Rob Thomas

 

No comments:

Post a Comment