Thursday, February 26, 2015

Wizard World Con Raleigh

I am excited and slightly terrified because last night I purchased the VIP tickets to see David Tennant at the Wizard World Con in Raleigh in two weeks. I've been saving up to buy a motorcycle but when I found out David was going to be at the con in Raleigh I slapped down $400 without too much guilty thought afterward. I even called my place of work last night at ten pm so I could request the days off before I bought the tickets. Ususally when I make a high price purchase a voice in my head starts to tell me what a horrible idea it was and then I fell guilty but so far that girl has been beat down thankfully by the rest of my brain that loves David and Doctor Who. I've spent the day figuring how I will get there, where I will stay and shower, and what to take with me. I am on a very limited budget but I wanted to have the full experience which was why I forked over an extra two hundred dollars for a picture with and autograph of David.

My nervousness comes in because I have never been to such a large event and now I am also going to it by myself. I usually travel alone but I have never been to a place that will have so many people there as well. I try to find comfort in the fact that the last time I went to a large group gathering by myself was when I went to a Can't Stop the Serenity event in Norfolk, Virginia. I was living in New York then and I drove all the way down and spent the weekend camping at the state park so I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel. This gives me hope for my weekend trip to Raleigh. I only live two hours away which helps save gas money and if I become flat broke, I can always shower at a truck stop along the interstate. True devotion knows no bounds.

I can't wait to bring you pictures, videos, and storyies of my trip so keep up to date with me here or on my Twitter or Youtube channel.




Movie of the Day:
The Amazing Spider Man





Song of the Day:
Hit the Lights - Fucked Up Kids


No comments:

Post a Comment