Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Little of This and That

      I noticed today that I forgot to leave a movie and song of the day on my last post. I decided I will give two songs and two movies today to make up for it.
      Today, being the bright spring morning as it was, first it snowed then sleeted then heavy snow then rain and now sunshine. I mentioned before the odd weather we have here and now I am once again wishing I lived somewhere else. I would prefer a beach setting but I also love white winters (not to mention I've always been a sucker for lighthouses - rain, snow, or shine).
      I tried knitting a scarf today because I want the practice so I can make a baby blanket for my brother's baby. I've been wanting to make a baby blanket to get the practice for when I have my own child but I haven't known anyone having a baby until now. I think I might be more excited for the baby than my brother is though because I can't go into a store now without looking at the baby department with a longing sensation. If I am to be honest with myself, I've been feeling like I am waiting for my life to happen instead of living. When I'm not working, I'm normally by myself with no other human interactions aside from my immediate family members. I think getting away from where I currently live might help but there is no possible way I could afford to move unless I did buy a house (because so far a house payment would be cheaper than paying rent). The only problem I have with buying a house is that I don't really feel comfortable that I have job security. Not to mention if I did ever find a job in my dream area (the area I really want to live: ie near Wilmington, NC) I would be stuck with a house in NY or PA that I would have to sell first before I could move. Problems like these are why most days I wish I had never gone to college. The debt that I am currently paying in college loans could pay for a really nice house and I would actually be paying less per month because the current student loans I have equal $800 a month for the next ten years - most mortgages are for at a minimum of fifteen years meaning the monthly payment would be far less than $800.
      I try not to dwell on my problems because I know that owning a house, renting, living where I want, and student loans are petty problems compared to the real problems people across the globe face. I know there are young mothers who don't know how they're going to feed their kids or where they'll sleep tonight and I know somewhere there is a kid who is considering suicide today because he is being bullied so bad at school and no one understands. These people are the ones who have real problems that often don't have solutions and I know my problems are nothing but a small irksome that I really shouldn't be hovering on.
     
      To lighten the mood a little before I depart:




Movie of the day 1: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
Movie of the day 2: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2


Song of the day 1: O' Children by Nick Cave

Song of the day 2: This is War by 30 Seconds to Mars

No comments:

Post a Comment