Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New and Improved

      I updated the site today to give it a new look. I like to change it up because even I get bored looking at the same site over and over and over. A new look is a simple way to change it up a little.
      I found the house that I love but I will never be able to afford it. It cost a little over $100,000 and is a little smaller than my dream house but it was still really really nice.


      I also found a practical house and it is only $35,000 on almost 3 acres of land but it needs a lot of work and it is in North Carolina. In perspective, I live in New York now and work in Pennsylvania. This house would have to be my weekend fixer-upper (and possibly allow my parents to rent it from me while I stayed in New York. This is a big decision and I am going to need a while to think about it. I would have to sell my truck to make the down payment but the mortgage would be $2 less than the truck payment is now. To be completely honest, I really don't think it's likely I will buy the place but it is nice to dream.
   In other news, I finished the Harry Potter series of books again at work. This time it only took me 6 days to read all 7 books. I still cried when Sirius died in book 5 and Snape died in book 7 - I think I always will; ⏃ Always. It is still hard for me to grasp that there will never be another HP book and it makes me want to cry. I liked the movies but the books will forever be my cryptonite. My favorite in order are: The Order of the Phoenix, The Deathly Hallows, The Prisoner of Azcaban, The Sorcerer's Stone, The Half-Blood Prince, The Goblet of Fire, and the Chamber of Secrets. 
      My parents returned from their trip and they brought me back two cases of Ale8 from Kentucky. If you've never had it, it tastes like a Mellow Yellow flavored Root Beer. It is only made and sold in Kentucky and I had them make an unscheduled stop just to pick me up some. I recommend you try it at least once if you're ever in Kentucky.
      I started a tumblr site today but it didn't live up to my standards so I closed my account already. I still think I prefer blogger's site, I just think tumblr is flashier. I also switched shifts today so that I could work more days. I am now on night shift and working 4 days a week instead of 3. I think having 3 days off a week will be plenty and if I want to take a vacation at any time, all I have to do is request the time off. I think working 4 days will give me enough money to catch up all my bills and hopefully pay off my truck sooner so that I can start saving up for a house or an apartment.

I think I will call it a night now so have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment