Monday, April 16, 2012

The Opening of Pottermore

      I think anyone who's read this blog knows that I am not a religious person. This is why it irritates me when I  hit next blog on blogger and it continuously sends me to a religious site - usually Christian. It is either a site for a Christian family praising their god or it is for a ministry or church group. I really want to know how these sites are similar to mine. I see no resemblance to it in my ramblings about atheism, Harry Potter, family, and work. To Blogger: stop sending me to these sites, Thank you.
      Because I work weird hours now and rarely have the time or money to get out and mingle with my peers, I have recently joined Eharmony - don't judge. I think it is kind of exciting to know that I could meet someone from anywhere in the world online while I'm stuck in this stupid little cow-town. I want to move but I have neither the money nor the job that would relocate me. My dream town would be near Wilmington, NC. I have a friend who lives in Shallotte, NC and from the pictures I've seen of it, the town looks really nice. The good thing is I am gaining experience at the job I currently hold and it will help me if and when I decide to move since  security officers are needed everywhere. For now, I will just have to keep saving up my money until I can afford to move elsewhere.
      In other news, I started working on my story again. I've been perfecting my map so that I have a reference to work from. I've also started working out a history timeline; it is more like a history of the planet but it provides a basis for me to know more about the world I'm writing about. I like how I started writing and then I felt like I was taking a history lesson, the history of the planet just fell out of my brain onto the page. By the time I finished up this morning, it looked like I'd copied parts of an actual history book. I found this approach the most helpful and easiest to work on so I may take the same approach to other aspects of my story, from the characters and animals to places and significant objects.
      I got the inspiration to continue my story after J.K. Rowling's site Pottermore opened over the weekend. I was working the night shift Saturday when I got a text at about 4:30 am stating that Pottermore had opened to the public. When I got out of work at 5am, I was extremely excited. I rushed home and instead of catching up on sleep, I played on Pottermore until about 9 or 10 when the struggle to keep my eyes opened had reached an all time high and I  fell asleep shortly after lying down. Pottermore is fun for about the first day. I loved reading J.K Rowling's notes but I felt that there should have been more for all the hype the site was getting. Not to mention that out of the 7 books, only the 1st one is currently available on the website. For the excruciating wait the fans have had to endure for the site, I was expecting more. More of what? I'm not sure exactly but after getting through the first book on the site, I felt after the hype it was very anticlimactic.
      I probably won't have any more posts for the week because I've volunteered to take on more hours at work. And also my allergies are acting up making me very irritated with the world in general.

Movie of the Day: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Song of the Day: Joey by Sugarland (DON'T drink and drive)


No comments:

Post a Comment