Monday, January 16, 2012

You can't Choose Your Family (but I wish you could)

      Well today was my first day at my new job. It went pretty well, the job is easy and I really like the sitting down part. I hate standing 8-12 hours a day on concrete in steel toe shoes. I'm enjoying the sitting down in a comfy chair wearing my Converse All-Stars. The only problem is that it is still a factory position and I've been offered an office position somewhere else that would start the beginning of February.
      Even though my career is looking up, the family situation is going downhill like a rollercoaster. I've managed to alienate myselft by pissing off my mother and my brother. To start with, I should just say that my father and I don't get along well at all. For me, this is because he has been telling me that I'm fat and stupid my entire life (along with some other verbal abuses that I will not mention here). So I already have 'daddy issues'. I pissed off my brother when I moved all of my stuff into our grandparents old house two summers ago. I was going to move in as soon as I felt I could pay rent to my parents and I didn't want to move in during the winter because at the time the place had no heat. My brother breaks up with his fiance and decides he's going to move in last winter. I wait until April to actually move in (ie sleep in my own bed). Not only did he move all of my stuff into a different room so that he could have mine, he brings in a ton of cats who would rather shit on the floor instead of the litter box, he put all of his dishes in the kitchen, moved my kitchen table out to replace it with his, puts all of his furniture in the living room (putting my chair in my bedroom), decorates the kitchen/living room/bathroom with only his stuff (not allowing me to put any of my stuff anywhere except my bedroom), and now he gets angry when I put anythingat all in the living room saying that he was there first. My mother is now angry at me because I complain to her about my brother and his stupid cats. She is mad because we have to take our clothes to her house because our washer broke.
      I'm ready to say "screw 'em" but I can't get away because I have too much college debt and I don't make enough to cover a transition anywhere else. For the moment, I've taken the attitude to ignore them all. It will help now that I'm working - I can afford to not be home at all. I've also taken it upon myself to piss my brother off even more just for spite. I refuse to do dishes (which doesn't matter cuz I use paper and plastic so the rest is his anyway), I've stopped cleaning everything except my own bedroom, I moved my chair and my dvd shelf out into the living room (which he hated), and to top it off I put pink panther cloth on the stand next to my chair with a pink pillow and blanket in the chair. He wants me to stay at our parents this weekend because he is having a big party for his birthday. I'm not going anywhere because he can't kick me out of my own place (and I don't trust him or his friends to sleep, have sex, or puke in my bed. I've also thought about bringing my Rottweiler in the house to keep his cats at bay but with it being so cold outside, I don't want her to get sick. My brother says that he is going to find somewhere else to live after he graduates in May but I don't want to get my hopes up.  I guess for now I will simply keep doing what I'm doing (and I know it's childish and immature but whatever).

Movie of the day: Some Like it Hot
Song of the day: Hey You by Pink Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment