Sunday, January 8, 2012

Other blogs

      So I've been looking on Blogger at other people's blogs and I've found there are WAY too many Christian blogs out there. When I view my blog, there is a button in the top left corner that says next blog. This is where I've been viewing the other blogs from. The majority are Christian family blogs thanking God and blessing their family, the other half that I've found are shopping blogs where people are selling jewlry or quilts or other handmade items. I've been working my butt off trying to find blogs that are simply other people trying to show the world what life is like where they live. This brings me to my second surprise of blogging. I've had a few views on my site but it surprised me that most of teh viewers are from Russia and Asia. That wasn't exactly what I anticipated when I was creating the site but I hope that it gives them something interesting to read and if they learn anything about living in the States then that's great and I appreciate everyones views.
      Strangly enough, I also came across a couple of Arabic sites that after translation were about hatred of America. Needless to say I left those sites quickly but they did give me insite into how others in the world view us as Americans.
      My job search is still continuing and I recieved a call for an interview. The job does have a few shortcomings, not only is it second shift and only $8 an hour, it is almost 40 miles away. I would be taking a major pay cut (since I was making $15-$19) at my last job but at least I would have an income even if it doesn't cover all of my expenses. There is the hope of overtime as well which would increase the pay but would also decrease my energy levels.
      In an attempt to calm myself and relax, I've started reading the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series again. I spent all yesterday reading and finished the first two books. Today, I am currently halfway through the third book and with any luck, I will finish it and start the fourth book today.
      I live with my brother who is two years younger than me - maiking him 21 (almost 22) and me 23. I went to bed last night around 10 so I could sleep better and wake up ready to read. He was working in the garage when I went to bed. I woke up some time around 11:30 and saw the light directly down the hall from my room was on and his girlfriend had brought more cats down to keep in the house. I am NOT a cat person. I prefer dogs because they actually seem to care about you and they poop outside. My brother insists on having cats in the house but everytime he gets a new one, he throws the others outside. This tells me that his kids are going to be treated horribly everytime a new child is born but whatever. They stayed up until almost one which left me staying up the entire time too because the light from the living room goes directly into my room. Now I want to give some advice for other siblings who are thinking about living together - DON'T. My brother and his girlfriend don't care if I'm trying to sleep or watching a movie in the room next to theirs, they have sex with the door to their room open - VERY loudly. I can understand getting some loving but really you want to wait until noon when you know very well that everyone is awake. And please shove a sock in her mouth. For some odd reason, they also like to watch the cartoon Disney movies like Beauty and the Beast while they do all this too. For these reasons, I will never bring a guy home until I move out and live by myself.
      Sorry if that got a little rated R on you but I find that it is better to vent (even on the internet) than to keep it bottled-up. I would hate to become a serial killer when I'm 50 because I had to live with my brother when I was 20.

Movie of the day: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief
Song of the day: Twenty Years by Live the Story

No comments:

Post a Comment