Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

      I was watching 8 Crazy Nights when I realized it was probably the most realistic cartoon ever. The townspeople are horribly cruel to Whitey and the way everyone picks on him and his sister is the way people actually act. This was my sad realisation for Christmas. I think if people actually started to not only think of other people but put themselves in other people's shoes, humanity might be better for everyone. There was also an article on AOL that discussed homeless kids in NYC who were homosexuals. Their parents kicked them out when they came out of the closet. This is another example of people failing humanity. If we truly thought about other people, we would not be able to have a happy holiday season knowing kids are starving in the streets because their parents disowned them for being different. I urge everyone to at the very least do some research about others. If you are a hardcore Christian, do some research on atheists and vice verse. Same with Muslims and Jews, rednecks and rich city folk, republican and democrats, whites/hispanics/and blacks. In your comfortable couch next to a fireplace do a google search on homeless teens in your area and see what you find.
      I don't think I've put personal information up yet so I think in the holiday season I will tell you a little about myself. However, if I get threats or identity problems just know that I wanted to be a spy when I was younger and I know some people in a couple of the alphabet agencies so watch yourself.
      If you couldn't tell I am an atheist. I was a Christian my entire life until I started college and started to question why I believed what I believed. When no other answers came aside from 'because that's what I was taught,' I started to look at other religions around the world from Islam and Wicca to the Greek Gods. I couldn't argue with the fact that most of the world is Christian/Jew/Muslim which believes in the same god so I kept coming back to this god. It took me a while and a lot of debate on the Bible to decide that I found the entirety of a God to be completely fictitious. After all I had studied astrophysics and chemistry which led me to believe in science and not God. I found that atheist seemed to be more educated about science than the religious population so I proudly pronounced my atheism the best way I could - on facebook.
      If this isn't reason for you to dislike me already, I would also like to discuss politics. I am a democrat. First I would like to point out that the constitution specifically states that we are suppose to have a separation of church and state in America and I feel like the republicans are trying to force their Christian agendas on the country with prayer in schools, anti-abortion, and anti-gay antics. The prayer in schools is a no brainer of separation of church and state. It is the same as letting kids go to bible study at a local church during school hours - which I was forced to do until the sixth grade. I am completely against this because not only are they combining church and state but school officials are taking away valuable education time by substituting religious teachings during school hours that are supposed to be teaching kids about math, science, English, and history. When it comes to abortion, I don't think anyone should tell another person what to do with their body. The people against this are the same people who disown their daughters who at 15 or 16 become pregnant. I find their logic to be completely hypocritical. Gays are in the same category. Just because your RELIGION says that a man and a woman make a marriage does not mean the LAW has to say the same thing. If a woman and a woman or a man and a man want to get married why should anyone be able to stop them. No one stops a man and a woman from being married unless one is already married - so whats the difference? My final reason for being a democrat is that I believe in free enterprise - meaning the government should not interfere in economics - especially when the government doesn't have the greatest track record at managing money itself.

     I watch NCIS, Leverage, Grey's Anatomy, The Walking Dead and Eureka on tv. I listen to Hanson, Asking Alexandria, Breaking Benjamin, NOFX, WakeyWakey, The Perishers, The Weepies, FX Static, Lady Antebellum, Toby Keith, and Eminem. I play paintball, snowboard, ice skate, and hike. In books I like the Harry Potter series, the Percy Jackson series, the Twilight series (books are way better than the movies), I am Number Four, The Power of Six, Atlas Shrugged, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, the Septimous Heap series, The Beyonders, and the Accidental Hero. I prefer young adult books to mysteries or romance novels because of their simplicity. I find that adult novels seem to have a plethora of description with very little action. I prefer characters that do something as opposed to describing a flower for ten pages - this is also why I hate Shakespeare.

      I will leave you all with that for now. I need to go entertain some family for dinner now. Merry Chrismakuh and a Happy New Year!!!!!

movie of the day: 8 Crazy Nights
song of the day: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays by Nsync.

No comments:

Post a Comment