Friday, December 30, 2011

Just One of Those Days

      Today I had issues. The day didn't start off so bad until I had to go into town to get some groceries for my brother. Now my truck is a Rav4 and there is no trunk, there is just open space behind the back seat.; the 5th door swings open to get into the back. When I got groceries, I put eveything in the back and closed the door. After a couple slow turns into another parking lot, the milk had tipped over and me, not wanting it to lie upside down for the next half hour, decided to open the door to reposition it. When I opened the door, the milk slid out and fell straight to the ground with a disturbing smack. This was not a slow fall like in the movies where you have the chance to catch it, this gallon of milk fell out so fast all I saw was the door open and then milk being shot all over me. I was literally covered head to toe in milk. How exactly the milk could shoot up to my head is a mystery because I am 5'9'' - not exactly short. I grudgingly carried the broken leaking gallon of milk across the parking lot to the garbage can before stalking into yet another store to retrieve a new gallon of milk.
      My irritation with milk discouraged me from filming anything today so when I got home I watched Killers to make me feal better. Watching people shoot and blowup others is always a good way to soothe your mind - as evidence, I slept very well last night and I contribute that to Iron Man which I watched just before going to bed. Overall, my best movie picks for relaxing would be: Repo! The Genetic Opera, I am Number Four, and Taken - my tv picks would be The Walking Dead, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and NCIS. Currently, I am watching Little Sunshine. It's not one of my favorites and the first time I watched it the plot was unclear and boring but I chose it as a background to surfing the internet - not too interesting and not boring enough to put me to sleep.
      The job search has come to a screeching halt until Monday. We are suppose to have a New Years Eve party but I've never been one to party for the beginning of a new year. I prefer to not start a new year being drunk or hung over - I think it's a bad sign for the rest of the year. I think I may film it though.
      I have become slightly obsessed with filmmaking recently, perhaps out of boredom or lack of motivation for anything else. My Canon Vixia HF M300 has been a very good beginner camera (especially since there is NO way I could possibly afford a professional camera). I have a wide angle lens and a bunch of filters in my bag but I'm still waiting to get the money to get a shotgun microphone, a boom mic, and some more lighting. With my Sony Vegas 11 that I got for Christmas, I'm still learning the functions and when I feel more comfortable I will begin the filmaking process of scriptwriting, casting, and location finding.

Movie of the day: Killers
Song of the day: Anthem for the Unwanted - New Found Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment