Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Movies and jobs

      Last night I went to the movies and saw Sherlock Holmes 2: the Game of Shadows. It was very very good. I laughed, I almost cried and then I laughed some more. Robert Downey Jr's humor is still top notch and I like how this movie included more action and drama. Although I did enjoy Downey dressed as a woman (the 5 o'clock shadow was a nice touch), I preferred the last 1/3 of the movie to the first 2/3. I am a Robert Downey Jr fan and most of his movies are really good so now I am simply waiting semi-patiently for the Avengers to come out. Until then I will supliment my excessive need for well written movies by watching Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and the Iron Man movies.
      This morning, I applied to two security guard jobs and one production job. One of the security guard jobs was for the gas drilling that is being done in the area and all three jobs were for out of state so hopefully I will be out of NY by this time next year. I am still hoping to get in shape to join the military but at least this way I might have a job to pay my college loans while work at losing weight and gaining muscle.
      Not sure exactly what I'll do for the rest of the day. I've started reading the Accidental Hero again so maybe I'll continue that or possibly work on one of my own stories.

Movie of the day: Sherlock Holmes 2: Game of Shadows (if you couldn't guess)
Song of the day: Dead End Dreams by Man Overboard (listen below)

No comments:

Post a Comment