Sunday, December 11, 2011

Just have a little faith

      The internet at work was not working the last couple of days and yesterday I wasn't on the computer. Today however, I am really glad I got on the internet - I found an Atheist Comic Strip. This could not come at a better time with Christmas coming and all of the religious people speaking up even louder than their usual shouting.

Then there is the great Santa Claus/Jesus belief:

       My favorite quote that irritates me more than anything else - mostly because I've heard it so much, is "You have to have faith in God. It doesn't come down to scientific evidence, it comes down to faith." To this statement, I've realised is completely true. What is faith? Faith by definition is, "Belief that is not based on proof." Knowing the definition completely justifies religious belief. If you say that you have to have faith that God exists then what you are really saying is you believe in God for no reason at all. In physics and all other science classes in school, you learn that something exists because there is evidence that it exists. Fish live in water by the evidence that we see them living in the water and when we take them out of the water they die. Since God is supposed to be even greater and more powerful, logically one would presume that there should be far more evidenciary support for the existance of God. Since no evidence is available to support the existance of God, that means that God doesn't exist. Since there isn't any evidence that God doesn't exist, we cannot prove this any more than we can prove fairies, unicorns, dragons, or elves don't exist. If you believe in God based on faith, meaning you believe in God with no evidence, how can you disprove that the Greek Gods or Egyptian Gods or Wiccan Gods are all not as real as the Christian/Jewish/Muslim God? The Bible itself says that faith is "being certain of what we do not see" - in other words, believing something for no good reason other than that you want to believe it.

   Enough about my rant on religion. I want to know why I do not have snow by the heaps outside right now. I live in upstate NY and normally we have enough snow to snowboard in by December. This year, we've only have a coule days where it flurried, only one of which left snow on the ground the next morning. Come on! Upstate NY no longer gets snow anymore? I have to move to New Mexico or Arizona to get snow! What the hell? I don't know how many more weekends I will have off from work and I would really like to go snowboarding before I go back to working every weekend. Don't even complain to me about global warming either when the entire south west was hit by a massive snow storm and we had almost 70 degree weather - I will high-five your face.

      Hopefully the internet will be working better tomorrow and I will have more updates when available.

Movie of the day: Flypaper
Song of the day: Best God in Show by NOFX

No comments:

Post a Comment